Making a deposit
To make a deposit to your account, you first need to know the deposit address.
- Sign in to your Xena account.
- Click on the Deposit/Withdraw button on the page header or go to the Balances page
- Click the "Deposit" button on the currency you want to deposit
- The dialog box that appears will contain your unique deposit address for the chosen cryptocurrency and other information such as the recommended blockchain transaction fee and the number of confirmations required for your deposit to be processed:
- Click on the QR icon to see the QR code, which you can scan with your smartphone if you have a mobile wallet, or alternatively, copy the wallet ID provided.
- Close the dialog box by clicking the green "Deposit" button and send the desired amount to this address using your cryptocurrency wallet.
- Once your transaction enters the blockchain, we will see it and show it to you in the Active Balance Operations page.
- Before your deposit is made, you will need to wait for a certain number of confirmations of your transaction. The number of confirmations needed depends on the currency being deposited. The current and the required numbers of confirmations are shown in Active Balance Operations.
- Once the required number of confirmations is reached, the transaction amount will be deposited to your Xena account.
Important notes on deposits
- We do not charge any deposit fees, but you will have to pay blockchain transaction fees when processing your transaction.
- Bitcoin and its forks (like Litecoin, and others) recommend that you use new addresses for each transaction. Once we receive a deposit to your unique address, we will mark it as used. To send a new deposit, open the Deposit dialog box and get a new address. We can also send deposits to used addresses, but this process may not be automatic and may require you to open a support ticket.
- We use a globally distributed set of nodes to observe blockchains, and that's why the number of confirmations shown on the Active Balance Operations page may differ those of other blockchain explorers.
- Always double-check that you are sending the cryptocurrency transaction to the address intended to process this cryptocurrency. We will most likely not be able to deposit transactions sent to wrong addresses or reimburse them in any way.